Emergency preparedness kit!

Electrical TsunamiCreative Commons License fdecomite via Compfight

Hi everyone,

Think, if a natural or non natural disaster happened in the middle of the night what would you do? We have been talking about disasters and we have to write a post about what we would put in an emergency kit for your bedside table. Things I would put in would be

A flashlight so if it’s dark and we have to go outside so we can see.

I would also bring a couple of band aid so if me or anyone else gets hurt I can help them.

Some granola bars (or food that won’t go bad) and some water if you have to stay outside or somewhere else for a long time.  

A pocket knife so you can cut stuff (if you need to) or mark here you are so if you get lost (like if you’re in the forest or something like that).

Something that make you warm like a pocket warmer or something like that.

Maybe a radio(like the ones you crank so it last forever) so you can keep updated from what has happened.

What would you put in your emergency kit? Leave it in the comments(make sure to leave your blog URL I can visit your blog) and don’t forget to have an awesome day!

-Briana

6 thoughts on “Emergency preparedness kit!

1. Hi Brianna!
    I like your ideas, especially about the flashlight and granola bars. I would also like some matches and peel-top canned food, like soup. Maybe a phone with solar charger would be good, too.
    Be safe out there.

Uncle Jack

• Hi Uncle Jack,
      Thanks for commenting. I love all your ideas of what you what bring. I especially like the idea of matches I think that would be use full. I hope you have a great day.
      -Briana

2. Hello Briana,
    It’s Brooklyn. I am pretty sure you listed everything that you might need in case of a disaster. I had one more thing (this is just a snuggestment) “a tent” maybe you will stop at camp? You did a great job on your post. Yours truly,
    Brooklyn😊

• Hi Brooklyn,
      I like your suggestion but I don’t think I would won’t that in my bed side emergency kit because it would be very big but I still like that idea. Would was your favorite thing I listed?
      -Briana

3. Hello Briana,

Your post sounded great! I loved how you added what you would put in your kit AND why.
    This is a spectacular post, (but here’s my little secret) When you write, be specific about the ” and all that”
    for example: Like what you said “if you get lost in a forest and stuff like that” Or “If you get lost in a forest or in trouble” Tell them about your ” and stuff.” But I wonder what maybe you didn’t have that stuff that you would have ot put in your kit? Oh yeah! By the way, here’s my blog URL so you can visit.

@ http://blog.elanco.org/ly361/ Thanks! -Milani